The Span America PressureGuard Protocol™ Mattress Features:
- Patented microclimate management (“Low Air Loss”) with alternating pressure that is designed to treat through stage IV pressure ulcers.
- “Float” mode provides powered flotation therapy.
- Simple comfort adjustment includes settings such as “Max. Immersion” for patients under 120 lbs.
- Selectable audible alarm and indicator light for notifying when there is low pressure.
- “Auto Firm” function for a timed 30 minutes adds stability during transfers, ADLs & CPR.
- Inflation maintains during power interruption and transport.
- Quiet and efficient, using less than ½ of the power than most systems while generating less noise. Heavy duty mounting hooks as well as flush-mounted, detachable power cord.
Safety Edge ™ Design
- Enhances the safety of patient transfers
- Risk of entrapment and fall are minimized
- Unmatched edge of bed stability
- Raised Perimeter models are an additional measure of safety by aiding to prompt the patient away from the edge of the bed.
Geo-Matt Style Foam Topper
- Protective Heel Slope ™ aids in the redistribution of pressure away from vulnerable heels.
- Non-shearing top surface, the Geo-Matt segmentation is tissue-friendly.
- Provides overall stability while offsetting friction.
- Helps glide user to original position following gatching.
- Creates shear-minimizing bands beneath heels, sacrum and scapula.
Patented Air Delivery Cover
- Outer coverlet is vapor-permeable as well as fluid proof.
- Standard hospital-grade cleaners will wipe clean in place.
- Machine launderable
- Inner air delivery cover provides a constant airflow through the Air Diffusion Matrix ™
- Moisture vapor is swept away before it can re-form as a liquid.
- Decreases maceration, especially effective at the sacrum.
Specifications & Power Control Unit
All models include mattress, coverlet and control unit.
PressureGuard Protocol ™ mattress is exclusively compatible with its Protocol Control Unit.
- Weight: 11.5 lbs.
- Dimensions: 14’’ x 9.25’’ x 6.5’’
- Voltage: AC 110-120V
- Frequency: 60 Hertz
- Certification: CAN/CSA-C22.2
- 60601-1-08 and AAMI ES60601-1:2 005
- Conforms to NFPA 101 (Life Safety Code) / ASTM E1590; Cal Tech Bulletin # 117 (2013); 16 CFR Parts 1632 and 1633.
- Excessive perspiration or maceration; treatment of Stage I-IV pressure ulcers; prevention for high risk patients.
- Meets requirements of E0277 (Group II)
Weight Limit: 400 lbs. (500 lbs. at 42’’)
Mattress Weight: 22 lbs.
Warranty: 18 months non-prorated
- The proprietary design of the air delivery cover generates a gentle air flow directly to the underside of its highly vapor permeable coverlet, dismissing excess moisture vapor to help protect vulnerable skin.
- Washable, anti-microbial, flame-resistant, fluid-impervious, non-shearing surface, tear resistant and replaceable
*Availability date reflects average availability time-frame from the manufacturer and is not a guaranteed delivery date.