Span-America PressureGuard® Protocol™ Mattress System
Microclimate Management with Alternating Pressure Therapy
The PressureGuard® Protocol™ Mattress System provides an unmatched combination of microclimate management, pressure redistribution, ease of use and patient/caregiver safety.
The proprietary air delivery cover design supplies a gentle flow of air directly to the underside of its highly vapor permeable coverlet, carrying away excess moisture vapor to help protect vulnerable skin.
Thanks to its innovative design, the efficient control unit generates substantially less heat and noise than traditional high-output low air loss blowers while consuming less power.
Caregivers can select subtle alternating pressure or powered flotation treatment modes. Auto firm mode provides additional surface stability for ADLs, transfers, and feeding when desired, then automatically resumes the selected treatment mode after 20 minutes.
Unlike typical roll-up surfaces, Protocol can maintain its inflation in a power outage or during transport.
System includes mattress, control unit and machine washable coverlet.
- Prevent and treat Stage I-IV pressure ulcers
- Prevent moisture-related skin breakdown
Features & Benefits
- Patented microclimate management with low air loss & alternating pressure is designed to treat through stage IV pressure ulcers.
- Selectable audible alarm and indicator light for low pressure notification.
- Float Mode: tiny laser made air holes in the mattress top surface continually blow out air. The patient floats on cushions of air to prevent and treat skin breakdown
- Auto Firm Function: 30 minutes of stability during transfers, activities, and CPR
- Inflation is maintained during power interruption and transport.
- Quiet and efficient: pump uses less than ½ of the power than most systems while generating less noise.
- Heavy duty mounting hooks are includes with a flush-mounted detachable power cord.
Safety Edge Design
- Enhances the safety of patient transfers
- Minimizes entrapment and fall risks
- Raised Perimeter models are an additional measure of safety by aiding to prompt the patient away from the edge of the bed.
Geo-Matt Style Foam Topper
- Protective Heel Slope ™ redistributes pressure away from heels to prevent skin breakdown
- Geo-Matt segmentation
- Protective non-shearing top surface
- Provides overall stability while minimizing friction.
- Helps glide user to original position after the head and/or foot of the bed are elevated
- Shear-minimizing bands protects heels, lower spine and shoulder blades
Patented Air Delivery Cover
- The proprietary design of the air delivery cover generates a gentle air flow directly to the underside of its highly vapor permeable coverlet, dismissing excess moisture vapor to help protect vulnerable skin.
- Washable, anti-microbial, flame-resistant, fluid-impervious, non-shearing surface, tear resistant and replaceable
- Air Diffusion Matrix ™ provides constant airflow
- Vapor-permeable and fluid-resistant
- Moisture vapor is swept away before it can accumulate in liquid form
- Reduces risk of moisture-related skin breakdown (maceration) especially over lower spine
- Can be wiped down with standard hospital-grade cleaning products
- Machine washable
Protocol Control Unit
- Exclusively compatible with PressureGuard Protocol mattress
- Right-angled swivel connectors and flexible air lines
- Heavy-duty mounting hooks and molded handle
- Flush-mounted detachable power cord
- Weight: 11.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 14’’ x 9.25’’ x 6.5’’
- Voltage: AC 110-120V
- Frequency: 60 Hertz
- Certification: CAN/CSA-C22.2
- 60601-1-08 and AAMI ES60601-1:2 005
- Weight Limit: 400 lbs
- 42″ width mattress: 500 lbs
- Mattress Weight: 22 lbs
- All models include mattress, coverlet and control unit
- Warranty: 18 months non-prorated
- Flammability: Conforms to NFPA 101 (Life Safety Code) / ASTM E1590; Cal Tech Bulletin # 117 (2013); 16 CFR Parts 1632 and 1633.
- P7535-29-PCU: Protocol 75″ x 35″ x 7″
- P8035-29-PCU: Protocol 80″ x 35″ x 7″
- P8435-29-PCU: Protocol 84″ x 35″ x 7″
- 23173-PCU: Protocol 80″ x 42″ x 7″
- 17108-PCU: Protocol 84″ x 42″ x 7″
- 69212-PCU: Protocol with raised perimeter 80″ x 35″ x 7″
- 33905-PCU: Protocol with raised perimeter 84″ x 35″ x 7″
- 72235-PCU: Protocol with raised perimeter 80″ x 42″ x 7″
- 81990-PCU: Protocol with raised perimeter 84″ x 42″ x 7″
*Availability date reflects average availability time-frame from the manufacturer and is not a guaranteed delivery date.