Span America PressureGuard® Easy Air® LR Mattress System
Microclimate Management with Alternating Pressure & Lateral Rotation
All-in-one solution allows you to customize therapy from among three clinically proven modalities. Low-air-loss Therapy with Alternating Pressure and Lateral Rotation incorporated into one mattress system.
Patented “Safety Edge” ensures safer transfers while minimizing the risk of falls and patient entrapment. The PressureGuard Easy Air is independently documented to outperform every leading low air loss system with its Air Diffusion Matrix technology and patented PressureGuard air/foam design.
Easy Air won’t lose inflation in a power outage. Its stable surface won’t “swallow up” the user. And its Safety Edge™ won’t collapse like air-only mattresses can, making transfers safer. It won’t make the user too hot or too cold, either.
Ultra-simple to set up, clean and use. Dial sets the comfort level. “On/off” buttons control air flow and alternating pressure feature.
- Excessive skin moisture or skin breakdown due to prolonged contact with moisture
- Increased skin or body temperature due to infection, sepsis, or other conditions
- Combined score ≤ 5 on Braden Moisture, Activity and Mobility scales
- Prevention and treatment of pressure injuries (bed sores)
Features & Benefits
- Patented microclimate management with low air loss & alternating pressure is designed to treat through stage IV pressure ulcers.
- PressureGuard Design: Integrated air system/engineered foam shell with “Safety
Edge” bolster system delivers superior edge of-bed safety, stability and comfort.
- Selectable audible alarm and indicator light for low pressure notification.
- Auto Firm Function: 30 minutes of stability during transfers, activities, and CPR
- Inflation is maintained during power interruption and transport.
- Quiet and efficient: pump uses less than ½ of the power than most systems while generating less noise.
- Does not deflate during power interruption and transport
- Simple comfort adjustment, including ultra-soft “Max Immersion” setting for users weighing less than 120 lbs
- Alternating: Air cells 1 and 3 deflate while 2 and 4 inflate. The air cells will go through one complete alternation cycle every 15 minutes
- Float: Stops the alternating or rotating movement of the mattress and evenly inflates all four air cells. The indicator light will illuminate and the mattress will achieve uniform support with no movement within five minutes.
- Rotation: Air cells 1 and 2 inflate while 3 and 4 deflate, gently rolling the user from side to side. Cycles complete every 15 minutes, approximately 20 degrees in each direction.
Patented Air Delivery Cover
- The proprietary design of the air delivery cover generates a gentle air flow directly to the underside of its highly vapor permeable coverlet, dismissing excess moisture vapor to help protect vulnerable skin.
- Washable, anti-microbial, flame-resistant, fluid-impervious, non-shearing surface, tear resistant and replaceable
- Air Diffusion Matrix ™ provides constant airflow
- Vapor-permeable and fluid-resistant
- Moisture vapor is swept away before it can accumulate in liquid form
- Reduces risk of moisture-related skin breakdown (maceration) especially over lower spine
- Can be wiped down with standard hospital-grade cleaning products
- Machine washable
Safety Edge Design
- Enhances safety of transfers and prevents rolling out of the bed
- Minimizes entrapment and fall risks
- 2-part bolster system surrounded with air tubes provides extra support for mattress edges
- Inner mattress area compresses when the user sits on the side of the mattress while the outer edge maintains its structure
Streamlined, Lightweight Control Unit
- Lockout function eliminates accidental or unintentional changes
- Recessed, shielded connectors for protection from impact, damage
- Heavy-duty mounting hooks
- Normal/Low Pressure indicator.
- Detachable power cord for easy replacement
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Dimensions: 12″ x 9.5″ x 7″
- Efficient: Uses less than 15 watts
- Voltage: AC 120V
- Frequency: 60 Hertz
- Weight Limit: 500 lbs in Float & Alternating Modes
- Rotation Mode: 350 lbs
- Mattress Weight: 22 lbs
- All models include mattress, coverlet and control unit
- Warranty: 2-years, non-prorated, all components
- Flammability: Conforms to NFPA 101 (Life Safety Code) / ASTM E1590; Cal Tech Bulletin # 117 (2013); 16 CFR Parts 1632 and 1633.
- L7535LR-29: Easy Air® LR 75″ x 35″ x 7″
- L8035LR-29: Easy Air® LR 80″ x 35″ x 7″
- L8435LR-29: Easy Air® LR 84″ x 35″ x 7″
- L8039LR-29: Easy Air® LR 80″ x 39″ x 7″
- L8053LR-29: Easy Air® LR 80″ x 53″ x 7″
*Availability date reflects average availability time-frame from the manufacturer and is not a guaranteed delivery date.