Drive Medical Med-Aire 5″ Alternating Pressure and Low Air Loss Overlay System
This low air loss overlay system tops an existing mattress to provide alternating pressure for prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers (bed sores).
The compressor produces consistent airflow and pressure in 10-minute cycles. LED indicators on the control unit alert the caregiver to normal and low pressure levels. Pressure levels may be adjusted for the user’s weight in order to achieve optimal immersion. The 5″ air cells may be individually removed if needed for repair or replacement.
- Designed to prevent, treat and heal pressure ulcers in the home or long term care setting
- Alternating pressure and low air loss redistribute pressure, reduce friction/shear
- Control unit offers 10 minute alternating cycles to avoid prolonged pressure on skin areas
- Pillow feature: the uppermost 3 air cells at the head of the bed are kept in static mode to provide a stable surface for the user’s head
- If needed, the 5″ deep air cells are easily removed for repair
- Adjustable patient weight settings allow for optimal immersion and comfort
- The removable nylon color is fluid resistant and vapor permeable to create a cool, dry microclimate between the skin and the mattress. This protection from friction and moisture helps prevent and treat skin breakdown.
- Tubing quickly and easily disconnects with EZ Lock/Quick Release design
- CPR valve allows for rapid deflation
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
- Dimensions: 36″ W x 80″ L x 5″ H
- Cover Material: Fluid-resistant nylon
- Control Unit Type: Compressor
- Control Unit Airflow: 8 liters/minute
- Cycle Time: 10 minutes
- Warranty: 12 month limited
Model # 14025n