Drive Medical Med-Aire 8″ Alternating Pressure and Low Air Loss Mattress System
This mattress system is designed to prevent and treat pressure ulcers that can occur from being in bed for long periods of time.
It operates in static or alternating pressure modes with 20 air bladders that can deflate in 20 seconds in emergencies.
Low air loss function creates a microclimate between the skin and mattress for comfort and moisture control. This keeps the user cool and dry while protecting the skin.
The quilted urethane fabric cover is water resistant, vapor permeable, and machine washable.
- Designed to prevent, treat and heal pressure ulcers in the home or long term care setting
- Provides alternating pressure and low air loss for skin protection and user comfort
- Pressure is redistributed to prevent bedsore development
- Microclimate between the skin and mattress cover keeps the user cool and dry
- Stretch quilted fabric cover is fluid resistant, vapor permeable, and designed to reduce shear/friction
- Control unit offers 10 minute cycles when alternating and can also be used in static mode
- Adjustable patient weight settings allow for optimal immersion and patient comfort & compliance
- Audio and Visual alarm alerts when air pressure is low
- System includes 20 individual air cells to maximize immersion and envelopment with pillow feature for head stability & comfort
- 8″ deep air cells are easily removed and replaced with air leakage plugs
- Removable Nylon stretch cover is fluid resistant, low shear and vapor permeable to help protect the skin from friction and moisture
- CPR valve allows for rapid deflation
- Tubing quickly and easily disconnects with EZ Lock/Quick Release design
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
- Dimensions: 36″ (W) X 80″ (L) X 8″ (H)
- Mattress Cover Material: Fluid Resistant Nylon
- Control Unit Type: Compressor
- Control Unit Airflow: 8 Liters/Minute
- Control Unit Cycle Time: 10 Minutes
- Control Unit Alarms: Visual / Audible
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited
Model # 14027